During the months of June and July 2022, my art studio was being remodeled. My studio landlord asked me to not come to the studio during that time. So, I brought home the painting I was working on at the time (Oakleaf Geranium), the paints I was using for that painting (there were six - Winsor Yellow, Winsor Green, Burnt Umber, Quinacridone Magenta, Cobalt Violet, and Chinese White), my brushes, and other art supplies necessary to complete Oakleaf Geranium..
I set up a make-shift work space at my kitchen table. I completed Oakleaf Geranium. I tend to put my colors in their own containers as it's easier for me to paint. I did not want to toss the unused paint after completing Oakleaf Geranium, so I purchased a full sheet of Arches 300 lb. watercolor paper and decided to do an abstract with the remaining paint..
I knew I had challenges to face. It turned out to be many:
1. I had to use the colors I brought home and no others.
2. I had to cover my kitchen table and antique print from the Civil War with paper towels so as not to ruin those.
3. I had to figure out how to get the painting to stand up as I decided to have the colors run down the sheet.
4. I tolerated being interrupted frequently by members of my family needing to go out, be fed, need a walk daily, etc.
5. I had to get creative and use boxes as a makeshift easel so I could stand the painting up to get the effect I needed.
6. I realized that if I ran out of a color, that was that. Move on to another color.
It took two days to finish what ordinarily would take a couple of hours. I ended up not using both the Cobalt Violet and the Burnt Umber. I was afraid the Burnt Umber would dominate the painting and the Cobalt Violet has a tendency to fade into nothingness. I am extremely happy with the effect, however.
This painting would look beautiful framed and would make a beautiful addition to your home or office.
No blogs were found matching your selection.